Logging for Troubleshooting and CuriosityEmail works. Sometimes, however, it decides on your behalf that you want to learn a bit about how it works under the pretty surface of Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express. Via error messages and emails not received it directed you to this page, and it will take you to seeing log files of POP or IMAP traffic. Fascinating stuff!
Log POP and IMAP Traffic to Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express Email ProblemsTo log POP and IMAP traffic in Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express:
- Select Tools | Options... from the menu.
- In Windows Live Mail, hold down the Alt key if you do not see the menu bar.
- In Windows Live Mail and Windows Mail:
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Click Maintenance....
- In Outlook Express:
- Go to the Maintenance tab.
- Make sure both General and E-mail (Windows Live Mail) or both Mail and IMAP (Windows Mail and Outlook Express) are checked under Troubleshooting.
- Click OK.
For the gory details to surface, you need to find the log files created by Windows Mail or Outlook Express and open them in a text editor like Notepad. I'll try to make this sound as frighteningly difficult as possible so you'll be delighted by how easy you find the process. No, it's really simple.
Any Kind of MS Outlook Problems Call Us
+1-855-517-2433 (Toll Free)